You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Safari --BOOKMARKS ONLY-- across devices

Hi there, wondering if there is a way to sync Safari Bookmarks ONLY across devices signed into my iCloud. I do NOT want browsing history, cache, cookies, or whatever gets hacked in my WebKit to spread to my other devices, but I really really could use bookmark sync.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 1:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 5:50 AM

In Mac system preferences > iCloud if you uncheck the box of safari it will prompt .

And as per the article https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/ibrw1039/12.0/mac/10.14

Note: Safari uses iCloud to keep your bookmarks the same on all your Mac computers and iOS devices that have Safari turned on in iCloud preferences. With iCloud, your bookmarks and Reading List are archived automatically, and you can restore them from an earlier version at any time.

You are looking only for bookmarks to b synced , but reading list is also attached with it ( its combination of book mark and reading list ) , it doesn't matter you don't add a single item to reading list , both will be synced .

Browsing history , caches , and cookies ( from user library ) are confined to a single Mac and they can't be synced to another device say iPhone or other Mac even they are signed in with same Apple ID and password say example1@icloud.com

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 28, 2020 5:50 AM in response to bakercoalition

In Mac system preferences > iCloud if you uncheck the box of safari it will prompt .

And as per the article https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/ibrw1039/12.0/mac/10.14

Note: Safari uses iCloud to keep your bookmarks the same on all your Mac computers and iOS devices that have Safari turned on in iCloud preferences. With iCloud, your bookmarks and Reading List are archived automatically, and you can restore them from an earlier version at any time.

You are looking only for bookmarks to b synced , but reading list is also attached with it ( its combination of book mark and reading list ) , it doesn't matter you don't add a single item to reading list , both will be synced .

Browsing history , caches , and cookies ( from user library ) are confined to a single Mac and they can't be synced to another device say iPhone or other Mac even they are signed in with same Apple ID and password say example1@icloud.com

Sync Safari --BOOKMARKS ONLY-- across devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.