You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merging two Apple ID accounts in iTunes

I have had an iTunes account for years. When I needed a new laptop (PC) a year ago, and set up iTunes, I must not have been paying close attention but it defaulted me to using the. Apple ID i started AFTER I started using an iPhone (different than the ID I had been using for some time with iTunes). When I realized that I had lost my playlists, etc. I converted back to using my original ID on the iTunes app. Now in the Account info I see both listed (grayed out) and I suspect that there is music I purchased on the Apple account that I cannot see.

How can I merge music from two accounts?

Windows, 10

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 10:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 10:37 AM

You cannot merge the purchases of two Apple IDs, and swapping IDs to recover past purchases may leave you locked into that account for 90 days. See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for background.

tt2

1 reply

Merging two Apple ID accounts in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.