You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does apple keep selecting a phone number for the passcode option that I no longer possess and therefore is not appropriate and I cannot seem to change this number that the text will be sent to.

why does apple keep selecting a phone number for the passcode option that I no longer possess and therefore is not appropriate and I cannot seem to change this number that the text will be sent to. My details are correct on account but it ignores this.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 2:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 3:04 PM

Mattyboy2020 wrote:

why does apple keep selecting a phone number for the passcode option that I no longer possess

Undoubtedly because this is given as your trusted phone number associated with your Apple ID.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply

why does apple keep selecting a phone number for the passcode option that I no longer possess and therefore is not appropriate and I cannot seem to change this number that the text will be sent to.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.