You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I type on my keyboard, periods and capitals letters appear where I haven't typed them. I have to constantly edit. This is a new problem. Any ideas?

when I type on my keyboard, periods and capitals letters appear where I haven't typed them. I have to constantly edit. This is a new problem. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 8:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 9:01 AM

System Preferences > keyboard > Text

several settings there are reverse ports from the iPhone, land of impossibly small and quirky on-screen keyboards

look at "capitalize words automatically" and "add period after double-space" as likely culprits.

3 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.