You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I move all of my photos from Iphoto to Photos?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 12:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 12:35 PM

You can create new Photos Libraries from your iPhoto Libraries. If you open an iPhoto Library in Photos, the Photos.app will create a new Photos Library from it.

See: Updating from iPhoto to Photos for macOS – Apple Support

There are several way s to open an iPhoto Library in Photos:

• Quit Photos, if it is running, then drag an iPhoto Library onto the Photo icon in the Dock. Photos will open this library.
  • Or hold down the options key ⌥ while launching Photos. When the library chooser dialog appears, release the options key and select an iPhoto Library to open.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2020 12:35 PM in response to time4coffee

You can create new Photos Libraries from your iPhoto Libraries. If you open an iPhoto Library in Photos, the Photos.app will create a new Photos Library from it.

See: Updating from iPhoto to Photos for macOS – Apple Support

There are several way s to open an iPhoto Library in Photos:

• Quit Photos, if it is running, then drag an iPhoto Library onto the Photo icon in the Dock. Photos will open this library.
  • Or hold down the options key ⌥ while launching Photos. When the library chooser dialog appears, release the options key and select an iPhoto Library to open.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.