You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good day Family im struggling to update my ipad mini 9.35 to the latest ios. how can you help

Good day Family im struggling to update my ipad mini 9.35 to the latest ios. how can you help

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 3:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 3:10 PM

If it is on iOS 9.3.5 it is very likely a 1st generation iPad Mini. If so, that is the latest iOS version possible.

If you go to Settings > General > About that will give you the Model and if Settings > General > About > Software Update states "Your software is up to date" that would confirm it.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2020 3:10 PM in response to maxwell226

If it is on iOS 9.3.5 it is very likely a 1st generation iPad Mini. If so, that is the latest iOS version possible.

If you go to Settings > General > About that will give you the Model and if Settings > General > About > Software Update states "Your software is up to date" that would confirm it.

Jul 30, 2020 3:27 PM in response to maxwell226

If your iPad has been stuck on iOS 9.3.5 for the past few years, with no major upgrades/updates forthcoming, then you own a 2012, iPad Mini 1st generation.

A 1st gen iPad Mini cannot be upgraded beyond iOS 9.3.5/9.3.6 for WiFi & cellular data models.

A 1st gen iPad Mini is a NEARLY 8-year old device, now!

These old 8 and 9-year oldiPad models are too old, now, too underpowered and completely incompatible with any of the current and future versions of iOS/iPadOS.

These old 8 and 9-year old iPads will be fully & completely obsolete by the end of 2020.

Sorry, but it is what it is, today, in the year 2020!

Here's why and what you will need to do about it in 2020!

Tap and read my link below for my additional info about your old iPad Mini model.

If you own OLD 8 and 9 Year Old iPad mo… - Apple Community

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.