You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally erased my MacBook Air

How can I restore

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 11:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 12:43 AM

Have you been making regular backups either through Time Machine or some other backup strategy.

If you have been using Time Machine then boot to your Recovery HD, Restart your mac while pressing

and holding down the Command and R keys.

After a couple of minutes you will see a Utilities panel click on Restore from Time Machine,

press Continue.

If you have not been making backups then you may have to reinstall the OS from Apples Recovery Servers

from the same panel select Reinstall OS and press Continue.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2020 12:43 AM in response to suhayry

Have you been making regular backups either through Time Machine or some other backup strategy.

If you have been using Time Machine then boot to your Recovery HD, Restart your mac while pressing

and holding down the Command and R keys.

After a couple of minutes you will see a Utilities panel click on Restore from Time Machine,

press Continue.

If you have not been making backups then you may have to reinstall the OS from Apples Recovery Servers

from the same panel select Reinstall OS and press Continue.

I accidentally erased my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.