You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free up space

Is there any way to delete photos/videos from my iPhone without deleting them from my iCloud? I'm trying to free up device space without losing the pictures/videos on the cloud.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 4:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 5:38 AM

Assuming that you are using iCloud Photos, no, if you delete them in iCloud, you delete them on the phone as well. iCloud Photos is a syncing service not off device storage. You can archive the photos to a computer and then delete them, or use another cloud service like Google photos to store them.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

‎Google Photos on the App Store

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2020 5:38 AM in response to Kiia63

Assuming that you are using iCloud Photos, no, if you delete them in iCloud, you delete them on the phone as well. iCloud Photos is a syncing service not off device storage. You can archive the photos to a computer and then delete them, or use another cloud service like Google photos to store them.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

‎Google Photos on the App Store

Free up space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.