You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time "forgot passcode" increases failed attempts

I have an iPhone XR running iOS 13.6. I forgot my screen time passcode a while back and the "forgot passcode" option wasn't showing up. Recently I signed out of my Apple ID and signed in again and I got the "forgot" option. I logged in with my Apple ID and set a new passcode. When I tried to type the passcode, it said "Failed Passcode Attempt". Now whenever I click "forget passcode," it only lets me add my Apple ID (not a new passcode) and increases the "failed attempts" while resetting the wait timer. My new passcode isn't working either, and I can't log out of my Apple ID on my phone.

How do I use the correct passcode or just turn off screen time?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 12:41 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 4, 2020 9:10 AM in response to TheBlueBird

Hi there TheBlueBird,

We see that you are some difficulties with your Screen Time passcode on your iPhone. You have come to the right place to receive assistance with this.

Here is an article that may assist you with resetting the passcode for Screen Time again: If you forgot your Screen Time passcode

If you would like to turn the Screen Time feature off on your iPhone, check out this resource: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To sign out of your Apple ID, follow these steps of this resource: Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac (section titled "Sign out on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch")

Best wishes!

Screen Time "forgot passcode" increases failed attempts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.