You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Monitor Issues

I have a 2015 Macbook Pro and I have connected an external monitor via HDMI. Everything was working fine until one day I tried keeping one full-size application on my monitor and switching between full-size applications/screens on my Macbook with the 3 finger gesture. However, instead of just the Macbook switching between full-size apps, my monitor also switches apps/screens at the same time. I've tried to disconnect and reconnect as well as arranging the monitors via the display settings, but I've had no luck. Everytime I want to switch apps/screens on one screen, it does it for all.

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 8:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 9:23 PM

System Preferences > Mission Control, make sure the box “displays have separate spaces“ is checked.

Similar questions

2 replies

External Monitor Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.