You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted emails reappear on iPad

I delete dozens of emails everyday, but it reappears later, unread, or the next day. And looking back at very old mail, everything has popped back again! I now have over 7k emails. And among them are personal ones I want!

How can I regularly delete email???

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 2:52 AM

2 replies

Aug 2, 2020 6:29 AM in response to Christopherrobinl

Hi I have a similar problem although the deleted emails that reappear are usually a month old.

i also have tried going into cloud account on line and deleting those emails. I get about two or three weeks of normal then it will happen again. I also have a problem transferring email with an attachment to another email file just comes up ‘not downloaded from server’ go to apple.com mail and the transfer has disappeared. Have you had similar problems.

Aug 2, 2020 8:09 AM in response to Metalmickie

I too have found a lot of the deleted ones to be at least a month old. I have not tried going to the cloud - felt it would confuse me further! Nor have I tried to transfer an email with attachment to another, though I can forward one with attachment.

Since I asked this question, some friends said that emails don’t disappear when you "delete" them - they just tell the algorithm that you’ve read it (it does open the first page of that email when you select "delete"), which keeps you on its list. You have to get it into your Spam folder. Seems this would take a lot of time?

I have not tried this yet.

Also, supposing you might want to hear once from something (say, from a charity you support) - but not everyday in perpetuity!!!

I have taken myself off many email lists (they give you a link (very small) at the end of page. I get an email back telling me I’ve been removed - but I never am.

Sorry not to be more helpful - maybe an Apple expert will turn up who is willing reveal this well-kept secret!

Deleted emails reappear on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.