You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Smart Keyboard compatibility

Hi I want to buy the Apple Smart Keyboard for iPad, my question is.

if my iPad is 10.2 inch. Is it compatible with iPad keyboard 10.5 inch

because that’s the only keyboard I find

thanks.

URI

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 3:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 3:24 PM

The 10.2” iPad is also known as the seventh generation iPad. This keyboard is compatible.

Buy Smart Keyboard for new 10.2” iPad (7th generation) and iPad Air (3rd generation) - Apple

13 replies

Aug 2, 2020 3:58 PM in response to uri193

Why should you not purchase a keypad designed for a 10.5” iPad when you have a 10.2” machine? From eBay? Really? That sounds like a recipe for disaster. It would be far better to contribute that money to a charitable cause than to squander it on a product not designed to, and almost certainly unable to work with your iPad.

Aug 2, 2020 4:05 PM in response to uri193

Either buy the Apple Smart Keyboard from Apple for $159 OR, if you're going to buy a 3rd party keyboard, only buy one which says it's specifically for iPad 7th generation. And honestly, I'd buy from Amazon over eBay. Remember that the Apple Keyboard is powered by the smart connectors on the back of your iPad to the keyboard. A Bluetooth keyboard connects via Bluetooth and you need to be absolutely certain it was designed for the exact iPad model you have, which is iPad 7.

Here is one from Brydge and they make excellent Bluetooth Keyboards --> https://www.amazon.com/Brydge-10-2-Keyboard-Aluminum-Bluetooth/dp/B07ZZK7FKB/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&aaxitk=5yMP7OY94WlpVdX6zVAUow&hsa_cr_id=8564495920101&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_td_asin_0

Here is one from Zagg --> https://www.amazon.com/iPad-Keyboard-Case-10-2-2019/dp/B07YY11DYM/ref=sr_1_3?crid=K321ADTO9831&dchild=1&keywords=zagg+ipad+7th+generation+case+with+keyboard&qid=1596409438&s=electronics&sprefix=zagg+%2Celectronics%2C189&sr=1-3

There are many options out there, but you have to make sure it is for the iPad 7th Gen 10.2"

Apple Smart Keyboard compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.