You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separating iPads.

I have two iPads. One is an older version. When I got the new one, I had them match each other and share. How do I disconnect that so that the iPads are separate.

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 7:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 7:30 AM

What you do next will largely be determined by your future intentions for your old iPad...

Having transferred all your data from your old iPad to new, if you wish to completely erase your old iPad in readiness for a new user, this procedure might be the most appropriate:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

This procedure will erase all data and settings - and remove the Activation Lock. It may then be sold, given away, or just set-up again as new - as you so choose.

If instead you intend to continue using the iPad - but do not wish content/data to be synchronised by iCloud - you can disable any services that you do not wish to use from Settings on your various devices. Consider that if you also use an iPhone, you’ll need to be selective as to the device(s) upon which services are disabled:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud - select or deselect services as needed

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 3, 2020 7:30 AM in response to kone224

What you do next will largely be determined by your future intentions for your old iPad...

Having transferred all your data from your old iPad to new, if you wish to completely erase your old iPad in readiness for a new user, this procedure might be the most appropriate:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

This procedure will erase all data and settings - and remove the Activation Lock. It may then be sold, given away, or just set-up again as new - as you so choose.

If instead you intend to continue using the iPad - but do not wish content/data to be synchronised by iCloud - you can disable any services that you do not wish to use from Settings on your various devices. Consider that if you also use an iPhone, you’ll need to be selective as to the device(s) upon which services are disabled:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud - select or deselect services as needed

Separating iPads.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.