You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My sons location on find my won’t work

My son keeps having to stop sharing then sharing hi location. As soon as it shows where he is, it defaults back to a location he isn’t at. I don’t know how to fix this. We have turned off location and back on so many times.

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 1:36 PM

5 replies

Aug 3, 2020 4:49 PM in response to Donwak

Well, I don’t know the answer, then. The phone needs to be able to find its location using either GPS, cell tower triangulation, or a known Wi-Fi location. GPS only works outdoors with a clear view of the sky, so if he’s indoors and not near Wi-Fi it won’t find him and will report his last known location.

I’ve noticed this sometimes when I try to find my wife’s phone, which is in her purse on the floor of her car (where GPS can’t reach).

My sons location on find my won’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.