You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 keeps on rebooting without warning.

How do I stop my iPhone 6 from rebooting? This just started maybe a few weeks ago.

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 3:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 1:38 PM

The Roman Man,

It sounds like the issue has improved since updating, but it is still occurring, is that right?

Since updating the iOS, were you also able to check for and install any available app updates? We just want to be able to rule our other pending updates as a possible cause of this behavior.

If all updates have been installed, and the issue continues to happen, please check your device's battery health under Settings > Battery > Battery Health. More about that here: iPhone Battery and Performance

If your iPhone's battery doesn't need service, please reach out to our support team for further assistance:

Get Support

Take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2020 1:38 PM in response to The Roman Man

The Roman Man,

It sounds like the issue has improved since updating, but it is still occurring, is that right?

Since updating the iOS, were you also able to check for and install any available app updates? We just want to be able to rule our other pending updates as a possible cause of this behavior.

If all updates have been installed, and the issue continues to happen, please check your device's battery health under Settings > Battery > Battery Health. More about that here: iPhone Battery and Performance

If your iPhone's battery doesn't need service, please reach out to our support team for further assistance:

Get Support

Take care!

Aug 6, 2020 7:40 AM in response to The Roman Man

Hello The Roman Man,

We understand that your iPhone is restarting unexpectedly, and we'd like to help out.

To help us get a better understanding of the issue, we’d like to ask a few questions.

1. Does this issue seem to happen only when using a certain application, or does it happen randomly?
  2. When your device restarts, does it show the Apple logo or a spinning gear icon?
  3. Is your device up-to-date? Here's how to check: Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
  4. Do you have any available app updates? Update apps or use automatic downloads

Thanks!

Aug 6, 2020 12:11 PM in response to MoonJ.

Thanks for your reply.

1. It was random

2.It showed the Apple logo

3.After sending my question, iOS 12.4.8 was in my Automatic Updates.

4.Seems like this update stopped the rebooting.

As I was writing my reply, I had my iPhone charging (I'm using my iMac to write this) and my iPhone just rebooted.

I will have to keep an eye on my iPhone to document if it happens again.

It showed the Apple logo

Aug 15, 2020 2:39 PM in response to chris_g1

I talked with two online Apple personnel. My first person I was talking to dropped our connection. I called back a little later and got a different person who was trying to help me and was going to pass me on to another person to resolve my problem. I was put on hold and the connection dropped off and I once again got nowhere.

The person I talked to last was trying to put my iPhone back to factory settings (knowing that I backed up my iPhone) to no avail since I was cut off.

I then took it on myself to see if I can get my iPhone back to factory settings. To make a long story short, I was able to reset my iPhone to factory settings. I then was able to restore my backup to my iPhone. It took many hours to restore my data and some more time to tweak a few more items.

After the ordeal of restoring my data, I no longer had to worry about my iPhone rebooting itself many times a day.

My iPhone 6 keeps on rebooting without warning.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.