You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble With Music Artwork on iPhone, And Albums on Mac not showing all songs.

Okay, so here are the problems I am having currently. 

1. I can’t figure out how to just normally sync my phone with my computer like you would back in the olden says (as in like last year, I could do this perfectly fine)
  2. On my computer, the albums that I have purchased through my iTunes account are not showing every song, however, they are showing on my phone
  3. I do not want to go into the Sync settings and click sync music onto iPhone because the music on my Mac is incorrect and not showing all the songs on some albums, so I am afraid that if I do that the music that is right on my phone will then disappear.
  4. The album artwork on my phone is all jumbled and messed up and some songs are showing twice. 

All in all, I just want all my purchased music to show up on my computer and iPhone, as well as the album artwork to be correct. 

Info you may need: 

MacBook Air

Version: 10.15.6 (19G73)

iPhone 11

Version: 13.5.1

If I'm being honest, I really miss the old music app and the old way we did this. I miss the old iTunes and just buying songs. Apple Music just adds too much too the equation and makes it so complicated, they should really make Apple Music a separate app and not have it integrated with iTunes and the Music app where purchased songs from iTunes show up, it's honestly not very organized.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 10:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 11:06 PM

I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT! (No thanks to Apple Support by the way, honestly, they should hire me lol, I had to talk to three people and still all I ended up with in the end was "update your phone", which did nothing by the way.)

Anyways!! Here's what I did! So, I needed a way to make sure all my previous purchases were downloaded.

Go to the Music App, click iTunes Store in the left sidebar (I'm not sure if it really matters where in the music app you are, but this is where I was)

Then, go up to Account > Purchases. This will show you all your purchases Not On This Device and you can click download all in the bottom right corner.

Then, I needed to figure out how to get the songs back that went missing in some of the albums. After just messing around with it more, I finally figured it out!

Go to Account > View my account, then scroll down to where it says Hidden Purchases: Unhide any hidden, redownloadable purchases. Why in the world some of my purchases were hidden is beyond me, but this worked! It took me to a list of all these hidden songs and I unhid them all!

Now, with all the music correctly on my Mac I will try to do the sync to iPhone thing.

When I am on iTunes for some reason my Mac doesn't detect it and the little iPhone icon in a square that usually pops up next to the player bar on top does not pop up. If that happens to you, go to Finder and it should show under locations.

Next, if you go to music in that tab there's a line that says Sync Music to iPhone, the reason I didn't want to do this before was because I was afraid that the music I did still have on my phone would go away if I did that. But now with all the music on my Mac now too the only problem is the album artwork, so I'm hoping that if I sync it the artwork will just correct itself.

I will be trying this next, but thanks to the Apple Tech Support, I am currently STILL WAITING FOR MY PHONE TO UPDATE!!!

(And Apple, seriously, take a hint, Apple Music integrated with iTunes and the Music app really sucks, just make it a separate app already!)

I'll keep you updated on the album artwork situation!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 3, 2020 11:06 PM in response to Camille_Powell

I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT! (No thanks to Apple Support by the way, honestly, they should hire me lol, I had to talk to three people and still all I ended up with in the end was "update your phone", which did nothing by the way.)

Anyways!! Here's what I did! So, I needed a way to make sure all my previous purchases were downloaded.

Go to the Music App, click iTunes Store in the left sidebar (I'm not sure if it really matters where in the music app you are, but this is where I was)

Then, go up to Account > Purchases. This will show you all your purchases Not On This Device and you can click download all in the bottom right corner.

Then, I needed to figure out how to get the songs back that went missing in some of the albums. After just messing around with it more, I finally figured it out!

Go to Account > View my account, then scroll down to where it says Hidden Purchases: Unhide any hidden, redownloadable purchases. Why in the world some of my purchases were hidden is beyond me, but this worked! It took me to a list of all these hidden songs and I unhid them all!

Now, with all the music correctly on my Mac I will try to do the sync to iPhone thing.

When I am on iTunes for some reason my Mac doesn't detect it and the little iPhone icon in a square that usually pops up next to the player bar on top does not pop up. If that happens to you, go to Finder and it should show under locations.

Next, if you go to music in that tab there's a line that says Sync Music to iPhone, the reason I didn't want to do this before was because I was afraid that the music I did still have on my phone would go away if I did that. But now with all the music on my Mac now too the only problem is the album artwork, so I'm hoping that if I sync it the artwork will just correct itself.

I will be trying this next, but thanks to the Apple Tech Support, I am currently STILL WAITING FOR MY PHONE TO UPDATE!!!

(And Apple, seriously, take a hint, Apple Music integrated with iTunes and the Music app really sucks, just make it a separate app already!)

I'll keep you updated on the album artwork situation!

Aug 3, 2020 11:10 PM in response to Camille_Powell

Alrighty, so we started the sync. I was a little hesitant because it said that it was going to delete and replace or something so I struggled with that for a second but still clicked continue.

This should most likely take awhile, but I will keep you all updated. If the album artwork thing gets fixed I will start a new discussion on just that so more people are able to see this and fix it. I've seen a lot of people have trouble with this on here.

See ya when it is hopefully fixed!

Trouble With Music Artwork on iPhone, And Albums on Mac not showing all songs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.