You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems opening Keynote

Sometimes (not always) when I try to open a keynote presentation, it tells me I need to update keynote - however, I already have the latest version and it does still sometimes open the files I'm clicking on. What can i do to make it work properly?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 9:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 3:04 AM

You can confirm the Keynote version by opening Keynote - go the the Keynote menu and select About Keynote.

If its not Keynote 10.1, do the following:

• remove keynote by going to the Applications folder, click to select then File > Move to trash
  • empty the trash - click on the desktop to to select the Finder, then Finder > Empty Trash
  • open the App Store application, sign in with your Apple ID, search for Keynote then click the download button

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2020 3:04 AM in response to apavement

You can confirm the Keynote version by opening Keynote - go the the Keynote menu and select About Keynote.

If its not Keynote 10.1, do the following:

• remove keynote by going to the Applications folder, click to select then File > Move to trash
  • empty the trash - click on the desktop to to select the Finder, then Finder > Empty Trash
  • open the App Store application, sign in with your Apple ID, search for Keynote then click the download button

Problems opening Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.