You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy photos and music from mid-2012 macbook pro to new 2020 27" imac

How to set up a new 2020 27” iMac and only copy photos and music from mid-2012 macbook.

I prefer to set up iMac as a new computer rather than from back up of MacBook.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 1:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 2:01 PM

The most simple method would be to move those libraries to external medial like an external HD. Once completed you can copy the libraries to the new computer from the EHD to the new Mac.

Personally i permanently store all of my media libraries ( movies, photos & music) on external HD's so I can free up valuable space on internal drives on my Macs.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2020 2:01 PM in response to Al_Brown

The most simple method would be to move those libraries to external medial like an external HD. Once completed you can copy the libraries to the new computer from the EHD to the new Mac.

Personally i permanently store all of my media libraries ( movies, photos & music) on external HD's so I can free up valuable space on internal drives on my Macs.

copy photos and music from mid-2012 macbook pro to new 2020 27" imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.