You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I import several birthdays from my contacts into my calendar automatically?

Any script available because I am not willing to click every contact to add each birthday to the calendar? Hello??? I am definitely not your buddy!

Is there any free app that shows me all birthdays from my contacts and informs me about these dates?

Just do your work, apple!

iPhone 7

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 5:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 4:57 AM

Solution:

Using iCloud it is possible to import all birthdays automatically via calendars in iCloud as long as your iCloud contacts include birthdays:

iCloud > Calendars > settings > preferences --> select "show birthdays in calendar"

Birthdays inside the iCloud's calendar are then synced to my iPhone.

Since I don't want Apple to store my personal data after my birthdays have been synced I disconnected iPhone from iCloud Contacts and Calendar, deleted all contacts and waited 1 hour that birthdays are deleted in the calendar on iCloud too.

Finally my calendar on iPhone knows all my contact birthdays. What I great invention!

It would be great if I do not need iCloud to import my birthdays into my calendar on iPhone.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2020 4:57 AM in response to appleisnottheway

Solution:

Using iCloud it is possible to import all birthdays automatically via calendars in iCloud as long as your iCloud contacts include birthdays:

iCloud > Calendars > settings > preferences --> select "show birthdays in calendar"

Birthdays inside the iCloud's calendar are then synced to my iPhone.

Since I don't want Apple to store my personal data after my birthdays have been synced I disconnected iPhone from iCloud Contacts and Calendar, deleted all contacts and waited 1 hour that birthdays are deleted in the calendar on iCloud too.

Finally my calendar on iPhone knows all my contact birthdays. What I great invention!

It would be great if I do not need iCloud to import my birthdays into my calendar on iPhone.

Aug 5, 2020 6:49 AM in response to appleisnottheway

Contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other. Similarly Calendar events may also use only email account.

Calendars and Contacts use email client server to hosts calendar events and contacts. Add the email account on your iPhone and you have all birthdays on your calendar too.

See the two pics below for better understanding

Aug 6, 2020 2:29 AM in response to SravanKrA

Dear Sravan,

thanks!

Somehow I could edit my iCloud calendar to add all of my birthdays.

But these birthdays are not synced to my iPhone 7. I configured below

> Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Contacts and Calendars

that the Calendar is synced with iCloud. So I expect that my iCloud birthday subscription in the calendars view should be synced with my iPhone 7.

The birthday settings configuration is very irritating because configuration is spread over several levels. Apple is not my way!

How can I delete a birthdays subscription in iCloud calendar after I have deleted all of my contacts in iCloud. Apple is not allowed to store my contacts!

Thanks!

How can I import several birthdays from my contacts into my calendar automatically?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.