You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Service Battery Warning on Mid-2017 MacBook Pro

I have mid-2017 MacBook Pro and my battery condition showing, 'Service Battery' status suddenly . My battery cycle counts 300 out of Apple's advertised 1000 cycles. I've tried resetting the SMC but it doesn't help as many of people already tried. Anyone got fixed, please share your experience here.

My MBP is out of warranty.

Thanks,

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 7:27 AM

2 replies

Aug 5, 2020 7:51 AM in response to frame99

I have no problem to use the battery powered apart problem the warning message. The battery charges to 100% and not drain quicker. Tonight, I will try recalibrating the battery. Someone told me it fixed the problem and he no longer sees the 'Service Battery Warning'.

My MBP15/2017 is a desktop replacement so 99% of usage it sit on my desk. I also have a MBP13/2017 for travel.

I have no desire to pay £199 to Apple to get it fixed that is only shows 300 cycle counts. If recalibrating does not work, then I would rather go to iFixit do-it-myself path. Luckily, I have no problem of doing it myself.

If succeed, I will post it here.

Service Battery Warning on Mid-2017 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.