You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old iPod with thousands of songs and albums. Is there a way to transfer this music from the old style iPod to my iPhone?

I have an old style iPod with thousands of songs and albums. Can I transfer this music to my iPhone? The iPod has the old style 1" wide style connector.

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 12:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 12:19 PM

Officially, no.

The music had to come from iTunes on your computer to begin with. You should still have it. Just sync it to your phone from there.

If the music was purchased from iTunes, you can re-download it at no charge.

If it was ripped from CD's and is no longer in your iTunes library, you will have to re-rip it.

If you no longer own the original CD's you no longer own the music and the media on your iPod is technically illegal.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2020 12:19 PM in response to flyboyroy

Officially, no.

The music had to come from iTunes on your computer to begin with. You should still have it. Just sync it to your phone from there.

If the music was purchased from iTunes, you can re-download it at no charge.

If it was ripped from CD's and is no longer in your iTunes library, you will have to re-rip it.

If you no longer own the original CD's you no longer own the music and the media on your iPod is technically illegal.

I have an old iPod with thousands of songs and albums. Is there a way to transfer this music from the old style iPod to my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.