You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does an iTunes backup include the Notes and Contacts that are on my iphone

Does an iTunes backup include the Notes and Contacts that are on my iphone?

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 2:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 2:47 PM

Short Answer: Yes, if you back up your iPhone in iTunes, it shall backup Contacts and Notes.

Long Answer: On this Apple Page: About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, it is mentioned under Backups from your computer

and I quote:

A backup from a computer doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from Finder or iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (to back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

So, Notes and Contacts will be backed up.

Side note: if you are paranoid about security, and have others using iTunes, then do an Encrypted Backup on iTunes.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2020 2:47 PM in response to heritagecole

Short Answer: Yes, if you back up your iPhone in iTunes, it shall backup Contacts and Notes.

Long Answer: On this Apple Page: About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, it is mentioned under Backups from your computer

and I quote:

A backup from a computer doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from Finder or iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (to back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

So, Notes and Contacts will be backed up.

Side note: if you are paranoid about security, and have others using iTunes, then do an Encrypted Backup on iTunes.

Does an iTunes backup include the Notes and Contacts that are on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.