You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages app

I recently got my computer fixed and now i am unable to open pages. i was about to set it up but then i will click continue on the first welcome to pages page and it wont open at all it just keeps saying that it has quit unexpectedly. I have already tried restarting my laptop and unchecking it in icloud but nothing is working.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 9:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 11:20 PM

Hi Jess,

Next step after a restart is a restart into Safe Mode.

Apple menu > Restart

As soon as you hear the startup chime, press and hold the shift key.

When you see the Apple Logo and a progress bar beneath it, release the shift key and wait for the safe mode startup to complete.

This will take longer than a 'normal' startup, as macOS runs a few more diagnostic/cleanup routines than during a regular restart. You will also notice a degradation in video performance during Safe mode.

When the startup has completed, launch Pages. Any change in behaviour?

If so, quit Pages, shut down, and do a 'normal' startup.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2020 11:20 PM in response to jessfeenstra

Hi Jess,

Next step after a restart is a restart into Safe Mode.

Apple menu > Restart

As soon as you hear the startup chime, press and hold the shift key.

When you see the Apple Logo and a progress bar beneath it, release the shift key and wait for the safe mode startup to complete.

This will take longer than a 'normal' startup, as macOS runs a few more diagnostic/cleanup routines than during a regular restart. You will also notice a degradation in video performance during Safe mode.

When the startup has completed, launch Pages. Any change in behaviour?

If so, quit Pages, shut down, and do a 'normal' startup.

Regards,

Barry

Pages app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.