You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

School MacBook Air keeps randomly shutting down

My school computer keeps shutting off randomly and won’t turn on with anything I’ve tried. Most of the time within a day or two it just randomly turns on. It just randomly turned off and it’s been a while since it has happened so I thought I was done with the issue but it obviously happened again.

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 8:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 5:41 PM

If your school owns that Mac, contact whoever is responsible for maintaining it. Otherwise follow these instructions:

Begin with If your Mac doesn't turn on. That gets some preliminary steps out of the way.

Read and follow each of its steps, including all the links within it, all the way through and including Step 4, which directs you to:

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen

Read and follow each of it steps also, all the way through and including the end, which takes you to:

"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 8, 2020 5:41 PM in response to Athleticracker7

If your school owns that Mac, contact whoever is responsible for maintaining it. Otherwise follow these instructions:

Begin with If your Mac doesn't turn on. That gets some preliminary steps out of the way.

Read and follow each of its steps, including all the links within it, all the way through and including Step 4, which directs you to:

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen

Read and follow each of it steps also, all the way through and including the end, which takes you to:

"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

School MacBook Air keeps randomly shutting down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.