You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't have "arrangement" tab in my system preference>Displays

I am trying to use an iPad as a second screen/monitor. The instructions said go to System Preferences>Displays and open the "Arrangement" tab. I do not have an arrangement tab.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 7:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 7:58 AM

The iPad is generally not treated as a "regular" second display, but as a special case using "Sidecar" feature.

Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar - Apple Support

Once your iPad is recognized, it may appear as a second display and be subject to arranging, but not before.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 8, 2020 7:58 AM in response to MarieF-D

The iPad is generally not treated as a "regular" second display, but as a special case using "Sidecar" feature.

Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar - Apple Support

Once your iPad is recognized, it may appear as a second display and be subject to arranging, but not before.

Aug 8, 2020 8:00 AM in response to MarieF-D

MarieF-D wrote:

I am trying to use an iPad as a second screen/monitor. The instructions said go to System Preferences>Displays and open the "Arrangement" tab. I do not have an arrangement tab.

See if you still have this option >System Preferences>Displays

press the Option key while you're in Displays— You'll get a Detect displays button (bottom right).

there is a checkbox "Show displays in menu bar". If you check it, you get a new icon in the menu bar that has "Detect Displays" as its first option.

Use external monitors with your Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202351

If AirPlay or screen mirroring isn’t working on your device https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204291

I don't have "arrangement" tab in my system preference>Displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.