You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using multiple monitors with MacBook Air

I'd like to use my macbook air with two other monitors. I have both monitors plugged into the dock with hdmi cables, and the macbook air connected with the mini display port, but I can only see one of the monitors in the display/arrangement options. How do I make it so that I can use all three monitors (the two external monitors and the macbook air monitor)? I'd like to view different apps on different monitors. tx

MacBook Air 11″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 5:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 5:46 AM

Depends on your model of MacBook Air, check Apple menu > About this Mac, e.g., MacBook Air Late-2018. MBAs from 2017 and earlier generally support only one external display, so if you’re is older and you require two displays you’ll need a new Mac.

Given that you mention mini displayport, most likely your Mac only supports a single external display.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2020 5:46 AM in response to clau144

Depends on your model of MacBook Air, check Apple menu > About this Mac, e.g., MacBook Air Late-2018. MBAs from 2017 and earlier generally support only one external display, so if you’re is older and you require two displays you’ll need a new Mac.

Given that you mention mini displayport, most likely your Mac only supports a single external display.

using multiple monitors with MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.