You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add new reminder in Mac reminders

I regularly use reminders on my Mac and my iPhone. They're linked and everything works well till recently. Now, all of a sudden, I can't add a new reminder on my Mac. I still can on my iPhone, but not on my Mac.

On the Mac I usually click control-N. Now nothing happens when I do. On the Mac Reminders menu, under File, New Reminder is grayed out.

Any suggestions?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 12:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 12:44 PM

Hi there,

When you open the Reminders app, are you seeing the "+" sign at the top right? If you see it, are you able to add it that way?

If you are not seeing that "+" to add new reminders, you can contact Apple Support:

Get Support

Thanks.

4 replies

Aug 16, 2020 8:09 AM in response to sterling r

sterling r:

I have auto-update turned on, which keeps my OS up to date. So I don't know whether this coincided with a recent update. I'm now on MacOS Catalina v. 10.15.6.

Yes, I've restarted the Mac.

For a long time, until recently, I've been able to add reminders in the Reminders app in the standard way – File / New Reminder or Command-N. Now New Reminder is grayed-out, and Command-N does nothing.

I have no problem adding reminders on my my iPhone, which is synced to my Mac through iCloud. Those reminders are then visible on my Mac as usual. As usual I can update reminders on my Mac, and the change quickly appears on my iPhone. I just can't add new reminders on my Mac.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Can't add new reminder in Mac reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.