You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No macOS system backups were found on Time Machine

Hello,

Just downgraded my wife's Macbook Air from Catalina to Mojave. Erased the startup file and re-installed a "fresh" Mojave. Now when trying to enter the Time Machine I get the error "No macOS system backups were found on Time Machine". I know there are several years of information on the machine as I also use it for my Macbook Air. I wonder why I cannot suddenly find my wife's backups? The backups were there 4 weeks ago when I made the first attempt to do a backup from Time Machine. At that time I didn't erase the startup file so I ended up with two data drives that took up all memory on the computer.

Is there a way to read what is on the Time Machine so I can make sure the backups are still there? The memory available on the Time Machine still shows the same so I assume all the info is still intact. Appreciate the help!!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 7:17 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

No macOS system backups were found on Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.