You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos went missing

Hey guys,

couple of days ago I received a notification saying that my iCloud storage is running out so I have to upgrade it , So I suggested to remove some of the unimportant photos from my iCloud because I’m already on the 50 GB plan ,when I was removing some of the photos and videos a notification popped up stating that if I did remove those files from my iCloud it won’t affect the files that are already in my photos ! Like if I have a photo in my phone and I have a copy of it on the iCloud and I’ve removed it from the iCloud storage it will remain on my phone , However when I removed (all the photos) from the iCloud it disappeared from my phone !

the question is : Would I be able to restore them!?

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 8:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 1:35 PM

If you remove photos from your device or iCloud, it's removed in both places and on all devices you're signed into as that's how iCloud works and was designed.

1 reply

Photos went missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.