You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phillips Hue Bridge won't add as accessory to HomeKit

I've seen other posts on this issue but so far no resolution.

I recently purchased a Phillips Hue Bridge. It works as advertised in my network when I use the Hue App on the iPhone. However, I have not had any success adding it as an accessory to HomeKit. I've gone through the instructions multiple times. Once I scan the 8 digit code on the back of the bridge, HomeKit recognizes the device. But when I submit to add it, I receive an error. I've restarted devices, checked all the boxes on bluetooth/wifi, reset my HomeKit environment and re-added all devices, even upgraded by Comcast router. Nothing seems to resolve the issue. Any ideas?

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 8:24 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 13, 2020 8:56 AM in response to icloudjatee

Hello icloudjatee,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue adding an accessory to your HomeKit, and we'd like to get you pointed in the right direction for a resolution. You mentioned that you've upgraded your router in an attempt to resolve this issue, so it sounds like you're receiving a network error when attempting to pair. In that case, we recommend ensuring your iOS device is connected to a 2.4 GHz network as some accessories aren't compatible with 5.0 GHz networks.

Should the issue persist, please share some additional details. For example:

• What is the exact text of the error you receive?
  • What is the iOS version installed on your iPhone? You'll see this at Settings > General > About.

These details may help facilitate additional answers.

Take care!

Phillips Hue Bridge won't add as accessory to HomeKit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.