You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

still not getting Safari

Why did Safari stop working? I can still get into my browing stuff but get a message that safari is unable to launch.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 9:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 12:25 PM

Quit Safari if it is open by clicking the Safari menu, then choose Quit Safari.

Then, launch Safari while pressing and holding a Shift key. Release the Shift key when Safari launches.

If you still can't load webpages the Apple Support document If you can't open a website in Safari on Mac - Apple Support is applicable.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 11, 2020 12:25 PM in response to tina204

Quit Safari if it is open by clicking the Safari menu, then choose Quit Safari.

Then, launch Safari while pressing and holding a Shift key. Release the Shift key when Safari launches.

If you still can't load webpages the Apple Support document If you can't open a website in Safari on Mac - Apple Support is applicable.

Aug 11, 2020 11:35 AM in response to John Galt

Okay, perhaps my terminology is off ! When I click on the Safari icon in the menu bar I get "Safari can't open the page "ycle" because Safari can't find the server "ycle"." I ran a diagnostic this morning and cleaned up old files etc,, But that did not seem to make any difference to the opening with Safari. I think that Safari must be working once I bypass the initial screen message.

I can launch whatever I need from the side bar where all my frequent apps are listed.

Some videos won't launch because Safari cannot find them. I can launch same videos if I am using the iPad...

I will try using Safe mode now and see what happens next!

Thanks.

still not getting Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.