You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No screenshot outline appears when drawing the shot

How do I get my iMac to show the outline of a screenshot? When I drew the portion of the screen to copy, no outline appears so as to show the area within the screenshot.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 4:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 7:26 AM

Try Shift+Command+4, move the crosshair to where you want to start, then click and drag it out over the area that you want to capture. see > Take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

5 replies

Aug 12, 2020 6:14 AM in response to BDAqua

Yes, I get the crosshairs. Yesterday and before I was able to move the crosshairs and the screenshot would be shown on my desktop in the Screenshot folder. I have tried it again just now and no copy appears on my desktop or in the Screenshot folder. Also when I click Shift+control+CMD+4, no lines is drawn to show what is being copied. Tried again and still no screenshot itself appears.

No screenshot outline appears when drawing the shot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.