You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erasing ipad

I need to erase my ipad settings & data. Since my ipad and iphone communicate with each other, will this delete my iphone data as well?? I know if I delete photos on my ipad, it will erase off my iphone as well.

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 8:34 AM

5 replies

Aug 12, 2020 8:44 AM in response to AuntTC

A reset of one device will have no impact upon other devices linked by the same AppleID - or data stored thereon. As such, for a device reset, data loss should not be a concern; only data stored locally and uniquely on device (if any) will be lost.

By contrast, manual deletion of data linked via iCloud will affect data accessible by the linked devices.

I hope this clarification is helpful.

Aug 12, 2020 9:10 AM in response to LotusPilot

Let me see if I have this straight (forgive me - I can’t seem to stay up with technology any more). My iPad and iPhone are linked together to iCloud. But a reset of iPad will not affect my IPhone’s iCloud storage? I just purchased my iPhone and had a terrible time setting it up. I certainly don’t want to “mess up” my iPhone or lose any of my iCloud data. Thanks for your help - it really is appreciated!

Erasing ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.