You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i-Mac up loading

How do I up load my files to a new mac from my old one using Time Machine...I backed up all files, now ? how to put on new machine...waiting over an hour waiting for help

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 6:00 PM

6 replies

Aug 12, 2020 6:12 PM in response to generalsway1129

Migrating is very simple. Connect the old Mac’s Time Machine External Hard Disk using a USB cable to the new Mac. When you startup the new Mac the first time it launches Setup Assistant, eventually SA asks if you are migrating from another Mac, select YES and follow the on-screen prompts and you are done.

if you have already started the new Macand finished SA then connect the old Time Machine the same way, launch Migration Assistant and follow the on screen prompts. Very very easy to do.

i-Mac up loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.