You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

re-identification / self-recognition by Photos

how to make Photos ask again about "is it you on this photo?"

long time ago when I opened Photos application I was asked if it is me on the photo. Unfortunately I clicked yes, but there was someone else on the photo. Right now when I go to Photos -> Libraries -> Years, there is always that person on the cover of each year. How to make Photos to change MY photo to recognise ME as an owner? Today I have opened People album in Photos and on the top there was a question again "Is it you on this photo?" and I clicked NO because it was that person I clicked two years ago. Unfortunately it doesn't help. Is there any option to re-identify or make self-recognition question from Photos application again?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 4:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 2:55 PM

You can go to any photo and remove an incorrectly matched person from it.

If you’re in your album in the People section, locate that photo in the album. You don’t need to open it. From the thumbnail, just right-click or control-click and choose the option that says “This is not so-and-so.” Repeat for any other photos of that erroneous person that are in your album. It may be helpful to have it show faces only in case there are photos with both you and this other person in it in which case you might not know which one is tagged as you unless you are using the show faces option which zooms the thumbnail into the tagged face.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2020 2:55 PM in response to Bandovernow

You can go to any photo and remove an incorrectly matched person from it.

If you’re in your album in the People section, locate that photo in the album. You don’t need to open it. From the thumbnail, just right-click or control-click and choose the option that says “This is not so-and-so.” Repeat for any other photos of that erroneous person that are in your album. It may be helpful to have it show faces only in case there are photos with both you and this other person in it in which case you might not know which one is tagged as you unless you are using the show faces option which zooms the thumbnail into the tagged face.

Aug 14, 2020 3:22 PM in response to Bandovernow

It might help, if you change the name of the People Album for yourself again and use the name from your own Contact card, that is marked as "My Card" in the Contacts.app.

If Photos knows your Contact card, it will be able to create birthday memories for you and show the location of the photos taken at your home address as Home and the work address as "work".

But it will probably not change the key photos of the years or months.

re-identification / self-recognition by Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.