You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

software update question

Hello - I just bought a used MacBook Pro 16" from B&H Photo with Catalina 10.15.6

It shows that there are 5 programs that can be updated. They are GarageBand, Numbers, Pages, Keynote and iMovie. When I try to update them I get a message come up that says:

" - - cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID."

Do these programs come with the computer and OS or do they now need to be purchased from the App Store. Is the reason I can't update them because the previous owner bought them? ?

If they instead come with the computer how can I update them ? Thanks for any help

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 4:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 7:42 PM

The work around is to delete the apps and download them with your own Apple ID.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2020 7:42 PM in response to Sudhie

The work around is to delete the apps and download them with your own Apple ID.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

software update question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.