You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting sound of recording video

Is there a way to get the sound to a screen recorded video? My niece sang hbd on duo, I used the screen recording function on my XR and when I went to watch it there is no sound, even when I hit the speaker icon at the bottom when playing the video. Thanks!

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 10:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 10:46 PM

Screen Recording: Records the activities on your iPhone. Mutes internal Audio. For recording external Audio you need to tap Mic and enable it. --> How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

Video Recording: Records external activities around the direction of the camera. Records external audio automatically. --> Create and share a video with Clips on your iPhone, iPad, or ... OR Get help with your Camera.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2020 10:46 PM in response to p20813

Screen Recording: Records the activities on your iPhone. Mutes internal Audio. For recording external Audio you need to tap Mic and enable it. --> How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

Video Recording: Records external activities around the direction of the camera. Records external audio automatically. --> Create and share a video with Clips on your iPhone, iPad, or ... OR Get help with your Camera.

Getting sound of recording video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.