You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to share iCloud files with family members, allowing them access to my iCloud files. How can I do this?

I would like to share iCloud files with family members, allowing them access to my iCloud files. How can I do this?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 4:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 4:31 PM

In Finder, you must navigate to the file you want to collaborate on and select it.

• With the file selected, tap the Share icon (a square with a North-facing arrow emerging from inside it).
  • Choose Add People to set up a collaboration on a file or folder.
  • You will choose how to share the item (Mail, Messages, Copy Link or Airdrop).
  • You also get to set your Share Options:
  • Who can access: Only people you invite or anyone with the link you create.
  • Permission: View only or Can Make Changes.
  • Tap Share and you’ll be asked who you wish to share the link to files and folders with.

All information above found here: https://www.computerworld.com/article/3429574/how-to-collaborate-on-files-and-folders-with-icloud.html

Hope this helps!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 15, 2020 4:31 PM in response to Venture230

In Finder, you must navigate to the file you want to collaborate on and select it.

• With the file selected, tap the Share icon (a square with a North-facing arrow emerging from inside it).
  • Choose Add People to set up a collaboration on a file or folder.
  • You will choose how to share the item (Mail, Messages, Copy Link or Airdrop).
  • You also get to set your Share Options:
  • Who can access: Only people you invite or anyone with the link you create.
  • Permission: View only or Can Make Changes.
  • Tap Share and you’ll be asked who you wish to share the link to files and folders with.

All information above found here: https://www.computerworld.com/article/3429574/how-to-collaborate-on-files-and-folders-with-icloud.html

Hope this helps!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.