You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes quit unexpectedly

My iMac is running Mojave and I just did the latest security update. Now I cannot launch iTunes. It "quits unexpectedly". Anyone else having this issue or have any advice?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 9:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 9:30 PM

MOCATX Said:

"iTunes quit unexpectedly My iMac is running Mojave and I just did the latest security update. Now I cannot launch iTunes. It "quits unexpectedly". Anyone else having this issue or have any advice?"

-------

Seems iTunes has become corrupt somehow, perhaps by an installation, or a setting unrecollected. So, reinstall the macOS.

Reinstalling the macOS:

1. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the transfer.

2. Then, Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 15, 2020 9:30 PM in response to MOCATX

MOCATX Said:

"iTunes quit unexpectedly My iMac is running Mojave and I just did the latest security update. Now I cannot launch iTunes. It "quits unexpectedly". Anyone else having this issue or have any advice?"

-------

Seems iTunes has become corrupt somehow, perhaps by an installation, or a setting unrecollected. So, reinstall the macOS.

Reinstalling the macOS:

1. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the transfer.

2. Then, Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

iTunes quit unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.