You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS

My iPad says I'm up to date with iOS 10.3.3. I wanted to get an app but it said I needed 11.0. How do I get that?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 11:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 11:26 AM

Depends on your model of iPad.

If you've been stuck on iOS 10.3.3. for very long, its entirely possible your iPad cannot update beyond 10.3.3

See here to identify your iPad's specific model: Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

You need an iPad Air (2013) or later to be able to update beyond iOS 10.3.3.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2020 11:26 AM in response to ShutterflyPics

Depends on your model of iPad.

If you've been stuck on iOS 10.3.3. for very long, its entirely possible your iPad cannot update beyond 10.3.3

See here to identify your iPad's specific model: Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

You need an iPad Air (2013) or later to be able to update beyond iOS 10.3.3.

Aug 17, 2020 12:10 PM in response to ShutterflyPics

You don't.

If your iPad has been stuck on iOS 10.3.3 for the past few years, with no major upgrades/updates forthcoming, then you own a 2012, iPad 4th generation.

A 4th gen iPad cannot be upgraded beyond iOS 10.3.3/10.3.4 for WiFi & cellular data models.

A 4th gen iPad is a NEARLY 8-year old device, now!

These older iPad models are too old, now, too underpowered and completely incompatible with any of the current and future versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Sorry, but it is what it is, today, in the year 2020!

If you need an iPad that can run the latest and greatest versions of iOS, as well as, the most current apps available, then, you need to purchase a new iPad from Apple or a discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple’s Refurbished & Clearance section of Apple’s Website or a new or refurbished iPad from an Apple authorised, third party retail or online reseller OR other trusted sources for new or used Apple products.

These old 8 and 9-year old iPad models are going to be OBSOLETE by the end of 2020!

Here's why and what you will need to do about it in 2020!

Tap and thoroughly read my links below for my additional info about your old iPad model.

If you own OLD 8 and 9 Year Old iPad mo… - Apple Community

"Sudden App Death” for Completely Res… - Apple Community

Time to consider a new, new refurbished OR much, MUCH “newer”, used iPad model.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.