You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iPod not allowing me to acess my Apple Music library

So I was wanting to listen to music at night, my parents don't allow me to listen to music on my iPad at night, (even though I try to convince them ALL THE TIME), so my dad got out his old iPod touch 4th generation. I tried my old hp laptop, iTunes wouldn't pick up the device. My dad's even older (but not so laggy) computer wouldn't log into my apple account, but luckily enough, my mum's flashy macbook air picked it up. The problem is though, that when I went to sync my music library, only the vaporwave music I had downloaded off bandcamp appeared. I can't download the music onto the laptop, since it's a school laptop, and therefore it is administrated and blocks things like downloading things such as apple software. That includes music too! (Silly, since it still lets you download music from websites like bandcamp. Also, IT EVEN LETS YOU DOWNLOAD FREAKIN' SPOTIFY MUSIC OFF MY MUM'S ACCOUNT MY GOODNESS WHO WAS CRAZY ENOUGH TO PUT RESTRICTIONS AS CRAZY AS THAT DHKUHFKVKHVBKWVGKDHKUGH7647653I487367IY)

Anyway, I really need some help getting the music onto there, how do I do it?

(Also, not to cause misconfusion, the iPod 4th generation can't upgrade to over iOS 6.1.6, and therefore doesn't have a sync library offline function in the settings that works with apple music, like the current version of iOS would have.

iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 9:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 2:32 AM

SliceJosiah wrote:

So I was wanting to listen to music at night, my parents don't allow me to listen to music on my iPad at night, (even though I try to convince them ALL THE TIME), so my dad got out his old iPod touch 4th generation. I tried my old hp laptop, iTunes wouldn't pick up the device. My dad's even older (but not so laggy) computer wouldn't log into my apple account, but luckily enough, my mum's flashy macbook air picked it up. The problem is though, that when I went to sync my music library, only the vaporwave music I had downloaded off bandcamp appeared. I can't download the music onto the laptop, since it's a school laptop, and therefore it is administrated and blocks things like downloading things such as apple software. That includes music too! (Silly, since it still lets you download music from websites like bandcamp. Also, IT EVEN LETS YOU DOWNLOAD FREAKIN' SPOTIFY MUSIC OFF MY MUM'S ACCOUNT MY GOODNESS WHO WAS CRAZY ENOUGH TO PUT RESTRICTIONS AS CRAZY AS THAT DHKUHFKVKHVBKWVGKDHKUGH7647653I487367IY)
(Also, not to cause misconfusion, the iPod 4th generation can't upgrade to over iOS 6.1.6, and therefore doesn't have a sync library offline function in the settings that works with apple music, like the current version of iOS would have.

You can't sync Apple Music or an iCloud Music Library to a device without signing in to an Apple ID that has a paid subscription on that device.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2020 2:32 AM in response to SliceJosiah

SliceJosiah wrote:

You can't sync Apple Music or an iCloud Music Library to a device without signing in to an Apple ID that has a paid subscription on that device.

Old iPod not allowing me to acess my Apple Music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.