You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I download this update? I can’t update the newest update. I just never upgraded old old iOS.

I can’t update the newest update on my iPad mini 4. Is there a way to download another update?

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 4:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 6:30 AM

Your iPad is likely too far behind for the OTA Update via settings to be successful.

Instead, to update your iPad, you will need to connect your iPad to a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Update software on iOS and iPadOS devices in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2020 6:30 AM in response to HeadDoginCharge

Your iPad is likely too far behind for the OTA Update via settings to be successful.

Instead, to update your iPad, you will need to connect your iPad to a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Update software on iOS and iPadOS devices in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Aug 18, 2020 5:18 AM in response to HeadDoginCharge

Check the iOS version running on your iPad going to Settings>General>About>Software version.

If it is erlier than iOS 11, you need to update that iPad using a PC running iTunes or a Mac running iTunes or Finder.

If you do not have a computer, borrow one from your friends, or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider.

Regards

Giulio

How can I download this update? I can’t update the newest update. I just never upgraded old old iOS.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.