You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase Find My Phone

I am trying to erase find my iphone for a broken phone. It says this will happen when the phone connects to the internet but if the phone wont turn on how can I get around this?

iPhone 7

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 5:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 6:11 AM

What are trying to do exactly?

If you want to erase a lost or stolen iPhone with a broken screen that won't turn on, rest assured that your data is encrypted and inaccessible to any potential thief. If the thief repairs your screen and tries to connect to a network or access your iPhone, it will immediately be erased as soon as it connects to Apple servers.

If you want to disable Find My on a phone with a broken screen, you'll first need to have your screen repaired.

Then see Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2020 6:11 AM in response to Rank33

What are trying to do exactly?

If you want to erase a lost or stolen iPhone with a broken screen that won't turn on, rest assured that your data is encrypted and inaccessible to any potential thief. If the thief repairs your screen and tries to connect to a network or access your iPhone, it will immediately be erased as soon as it connects to Apple servers.

If you want to disable Find My on a phone with a broken screen, you'll first need to have your screen repaired.

Then see Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

Erase Find My Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.