You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone randomly sharing emails

My wife and I share the same apple ID. I was looking on my iPhone 11 while she was writing an email on her iPhone 11. Her email literally appeared on my iPhone screen at the same time as disappearing off her screen. It then appeared in my email drafts. I was not logged in to her email (I don't even know what her password is). This has never happened before. How is this even possible?

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 6:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 7:45 PM

Hey there br121,

We understand the confusion regarding seeing text from a different device appearing on your own.

If sharing one Apple ID, this can be expected behavior. The feature Handoff allows you to start a task on one device, and then finish it on another. See more information about Handoff here: Use Handoff to continue a task on your other devices

For that reason amongst others, it is recommended for each individual to have their own Apple ID. You can see steps to create a second Apple ID here: How to create a new Apple ID

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2020 7:45 PM in response to br121

Hey there br121,

We understand the confusion regarding seeing text from a different device appearing on your own.

If sharing one Apple ID, this can be expected behavior. The feature Handoff allows you to start a task on one device, and then finish it on another. See more information about Handoff here: Use Handoff to continue a task on your other devices

For that reason amongst others, it is recommended for each individual to have their own Apple ID. You can see steps to create a second Apple ID here: How to create a new Apple ID

Cheers!

iPhone randomly sharing emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.