You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save an Imovie with a combination of a video with inserted photos

I have created an imovie which has a video clip and a number of photos that I have inserted. It plays on imovie as one integrated video but when i save the file it doesn't include the photos just the original video clip

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 12:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 4:09 AM

Make a note of the time length of your video in the timeline .Lets say it is 23 minutes long.

Click on the timeline.

When you save/share.....File >Share>File you will get a pop up with Resolution and Quality settings along with a view of your video.

Underneath the video view it shows the length of the video. Does it say 23 minutes? (i.e. same as 23 minutes above)

Run your mouse over the video view. Do you see all of the video that you are expecting to see?

If yes to both of these you should be good to Share.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2020 4:09 AM in response to Rexster63

Make a note of the time length of your video in the timeline .Lets say it is 23 minutes long.

Click on the timeline.

When you save/share.....File >Share>File you will get a pop up with Resolution and Quality settings along with a view of your video.

Underneath the video view it shows the length of the video. Does it say 23 minutes? (i.e. same as 23 minutes above)

Run your mouse over the video view. Do you see all of the video that you are expecting to see?

If yes to both of these you should be good to Share.

Aug 19, 2020 8:24 AM in response to Rexster63

Hi, Rexster63,

It might be a corrupt preference causing the issue, or the issue could be confined to just that one project.

First try deleting preferences. To do that open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can share out your complete project.

If still no luck, try creating a new project. The go back to the original project and do an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy, of the media in it. Then Edit/Paste the media into the newly created project. See if you can share out successfully from the new project.

-- Rich

Save an Imovie with a combination of a video with inserted photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.