You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Organizing/saving contact on Iphone

Hi, I deleted one of my email account from my iPhone, then I found I lost quite a few contacts. I tried to restore contacts from my icloud (my iPhone says it was backed up yesterday). However there is no archive for my to restore contacts. So I added a contact back from my recent call list, it seems the contact was added backup, but I couldn't find the new contact from contact list.

All these make me wondering how iPhone organize/save contacts. If I created a new contact from a call list, where the information is saved, is it specifically related to an email account?

Thanks.

Misty

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 11:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 11:17 AM

Misty_blue wrote:

Hi, I deleted one of my email account from my iPhone, then I found I lost quite a few contacts.

That strongly suggests you have been using your email provider’s resources to house your contacts. That’s almost certainly where they remain.

Contacts are not saved on your iCloud backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2020 11:17 AM in response to Misty_blue

Misty_blue wrote:

Hi, I deleted one of my email account from my iPhone, then I found I lost quite a few contacts.

That strongly suggests you have been using your email provider’s resources to house your contacts. That’s almost certainly where they remain.

Contacts are not saved on your iCloud backup.

Organizing/saving contact on Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.