You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Probleme de sincronizare iCloud for Windows (descarcat din MS Store)

Am instalat de 2 zile cel mai recent iCloud for Windows din Microsoft Store, asa cum a cerut Apple.

La inceput a parut totul perfect, insa de o zi incoace noile fisiere pe care doresc sa le sincronizez de pe laptop prin iCloud for Windows din Microsoft Store NU sunt incarcate in contul meu iCloud.

Aveti vreo idee ce se intampla? Mentionez ca pana acum 2 zile, folosind vechiul iCloud for Windows descarcat direct de pe situl Apple NU am avut nicio problema de acest gen.

Mersi.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 12:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 5:59 AM

Kissache,

Thanks for those screenshots and updated information.

Since the folders show as expected through the iCloud website, this indicates the duplicated issue and upload may be isolated to the PC.

Next, uninstall iCloud for Windows on your PC, and then install it again. This resource may help: If you can't download or install iCloud for Windows

We hope this helps!

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2020 5:59 AM in response to Kissache

Kissache,

Thanks for those screenshots and updated information.

Since the folders show as expected through the iCloud website, this indicates the duplicated issue and upload may be isolated to the PC.

Next, uninstall iCloud for Windows on your PC, and then install it again. This resource may help: If you can't download or install iCloud for Windows

We hope this helps!

Aug 20, 2020 12:24 PM in response to Kissache

Kissache,

Thanks for those additional details and screenshots.

We understand you have a question about uploading your content to iCloud Drive through iCloud with Windows, and we'd like to share a resource that can help.

Based on the screenshots, it seems the content is uploading to iCloud, so you'll want to leave the computer connected to the internet and power. Learn more here: Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices

Cheers!

Aug 28, 2020 5:12 AM in response to chris_g1

Thanks Chris for your reply... but you're wrong. The iCloud's folders' NEW local content DOES NOT upload to iCloud through the new iCloud for Windows app downloaded from Microsoft Store.

Moreover, I've been on a holiday and I've not used my laptop at all for about a week or so. Today, when I turned it on, I discovered with pure horror that ALL my folders from the iCloud's local folders ARE DOUBLED by using the (1) addition to their names! Way too strange for me!

Still, on the web, my iCloud folders are looking good (yet, without the new content I added previously on my laptop's iCloud folders!)

Now... tell me, what on earth should I do now to fix this...?!?!

Aug 20, 2020 9:42 AM in response to Chris_C1

I installed the latest iCloud for Windows from the Microsoft

Store 2 days ago, as that's what Apple's iCloud for Windows (from Apple site) asked for in order to keep on using this

sync app on my Windows 10 laptop.

At first, everything seemed to work perfect, but for a day by now

the new files I want to sync from my laptop via iCloud for Windows downloaded and installed from the

Microsoft Store are NOT uploaded to my iCloud account.

Restarting my laptop for multiple times did not help at all. The files status is “Sync pending” (in File Explorer) and “Uploading

64 items” (when I click iCloud’s system tray icon).

Do you have any idea what's going on? I must mention that

until 2 days ago, while using the old iCloud for Windows downloaded directly

from the Apple site I did NOT have any such sync problems. Not at all.

Many thanks for your help.

Aug 30, 2020 6:41 AM in response to i_rina

Hi i-rina, to be honest with you I have already uninstalled iCloud for Windows from my laptop and then I have reinstalled the “classic“ version of iCloud for Windows (for Windows 8) directly from the Apple website - this is because I haven’t had the guts to install for the third time the new iCloud for Windows (for Windows 10) directly from the Microsoft Store due to the severe malfunctioning issues I’ve had with my previous two installations from the same Microsoft Store).

Currently, everything seems to work fine in my iCloud for Windows downloaded from the Apple website, although I have some major concerns that in the near future I will be forced by Apple and Microsoft to upgrade it again from the Microsoft Store.

Thank you for your support.

Probleme de sincronizare iCloud for Windows (descarcat din MS Store)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.