You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Photos in my iPhone, don't Sync with the Photos in my Mac Book Pro Why ?

How do I see the same photos in my iPhone and my MacBook Pro ?

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 7:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 4:57 AM

You will need to enable iCloud Photos on all of your devices. However, sometimes is can be temperamental, so assuming you have already enabled iCloud Photos and its not working I would switch off iCloud Photos on all devices and then back on again, that should kick start the syncing process. If that doesn't work try logging out of iCloud on all devices and then logging back in.

That normally fixes the problem, if not come back.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 20, 2020 4:57 AM in response to Neil Tsubota

You will need to enable iCloud Photos on all of your devices. However, sometimes is can be temperamental, so assuming you have already enabled iCloud Photos and its not working I would switch off iCloud Photos on all devices and then back on again, that should kick start the syncing process. If that doesn't work try logging out of iCloud on all devices and then logging back in.

That normally fixes the problem, if not come back.

Sep 18, 2020 2:20 AM in response to Neil Tsubota

Before I let my iPhone update to IOS 14 when I took a snap I just put it near my MacBook opened Photos and they would appear there with no issues. Phone updated to IOS 14 now nothing, I have turned all the setting on and off including iCloud yet the photos will no transfer as it did before the update. Why does every update seem to lose something that was once useful, I had to plug phone in the get photos were with the old software I would just put it on my desk make a cup of tea and all the photos would appear on my MacBook.

Sep 23, 2020 1:13 AM in response to markwmsn

Running 10.15.6 too,

MacBook Pro

Both MacBook and iPhone connected on wi-fi

Just took a snap and put phone on table next to MacBook made a cup of tea opened Photos on MacBook and nothing !

As said before the upgrade when I made my tea and opened Photos all the photos would be there, now when I want to transfer photos I have to plug the phone into the MacBook - progress NO

Sep 24, 2020 4:25 PM in response to pr1uk

I don't think it matters how close the devices are to each other, just how well connected they are to the part of the Internet housing iCloud Photos servers. The photos have to make the round trip.

I just took a picture and started a stopwatch. Within 25 seconds, the picture was showing on my MacBook Pro.

Are the Photos apps in both your phone and your Mac in the "Updated Just Now" status (at the bottom of All Photos under the item counts)? Maybe one of them is hung in upload or download. Particularly, if the Mac is hung uploading something to iCloud Photos, it won't try to download anything.

Oct 25, 2020 1:04 PM in response to GZiegl

Are you using sync via finder, or sync via Icloud? it is not clear from your posts.

If you are uisng I cloud, you need to check that both your phone and your mac are BOTH setup to use Icloud for photos. You also need to ensure you have enough Icloud space for your whole library.

If you are usign sync via finder then you need to check that finder is set to connect to the iphone via WIFI, AND that it is set to sync automatically. (When your phone is connected to finder, click on the phone icon in finder.)

My Photos in my iPhone, don't Sync with the Photos in my Mac Book Pro Why ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.