You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS update on iPad mini 2

Would updating to iOS 12.4.8 from iOS 12.3.1 be bad for my ipad mini 2’s battery ? I mean which one causes more battery drain ?

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 8:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 4:57 AM

No, updating your iPad to the most recent of iOS supported by your iPad (i.e., iOS 12.4.8) will have minimal (if any) impact of battery life - noting (as already outlined by Skydiver119) that, due to its age, the achievable battery life will be less than that when it was new.

However, updating to the highest supported version is highly advisable - as this ensures that essential security updates have been installed.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 20, 2020 4:57 AM in response to Adi1224

No, updating your iPad to the most recent of iOS supported by your iPad (i.e., iOS 12.4.8) will have minimal (if any) impact of battery life - noting (as already outlined by Skydiver119) that, due to its age, the achievable battery life will be less than that when it was new.

However, updating to the highest supported version is highly advisable - as this ensures that essential security updates have been installed.

iOS update on iPad mini 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.