You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV 4K has an ongoing issue with randomly freezing or dropping audio.

My Apple TV 4K has an ongoing issue with randomly freezing or dropping audio. This seems to only occur while watching 4K UHD movies. It has occurred whether the AppleTV is connected wireless or direct-connect via Ethernet. Sometimes going out of the movie and back in will resolve the issue. Sometimes I will have to completely restart the AppleTV device. I suspect something in the AppleTV is buffering but I can't see any way to change it.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 9:51 PM

3 replies

Aug 20, 2020 6:14 PM in response to Phil Barker

Hello Phil Barker,

We're happy to get you going in the right direction for help with this Apple TV issue you're having.

Since it's happening on the same network, be sure to try restarting that network before joining along with these other helpful steps to troubleshoot the Apple TV network: Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV

If you still need help, get in touch with the Apple TV experts here for further assistance: Get Support

We hope this helps you.

Take care and be safe.

My Apple TV 4K has an ongoing issue with randomly freezing or dropping audio.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.